A. Circle the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from those
1. A. change B. children C. machine D. church
2. A. crooked B. laughed C. watched D. clapped
3. A.literacy B. minority C. library D. primary
B. Circle the word whose stress is on the first syllable.
1. A. opportunity B. competition C. activity D. population
2. A. increase B. figure C. remote D. affect
III/ GRAMMAR A . Supply the correct form of the verb in the bracket
1. “Remember to bring the raincoat with you.”, Daisy’s father said to her.
Daisy’s father reminded
2. Susan said; “If I were you, I would take a taxi, Richard.”
3. Lisa said :“I am sorry. I told a lie.”
4. “ It was very nice of you to visit me. Thank you,” Mrs Clinton said to Jack
Mrs Clinton thanked
B. Choose the best answer to complete the following sentences
2. Yesterday when I to his house, he the exercises
A. come/ is writing B. come/ was writing
C. was coming/ wrote D. came/ was writing
3. Yesterday, the bus when we arrived.
A. had left B. has left C. was leaving D. leaves
4. Would you consider _____________ your share of the company?
A. sell B. selling C. to sell D. to be sold
5. Have you ever _______ English to a native speaker?
A. speak B. spoke C. speaking D. spoken
6. She expected ________ to the principal.
A. to introduce B. being introduced
C. to be introduced D. being introduced
7.I`d like to stay at home instead of to the cinema.
a to go b went c go d going
8.He`s very good playing games .
a of b in c at d about
9.My mother said that she wished she had studied medicine at university .
a My mother said " I wish I had studied medicine at university "
b My mother said " I wish I studied medicine at university "
c My mother said " I wished I hadn`t studied medicine at university "
d My mother said " I wish I would study medicine at university "
10.The police prevented us getting into the park .
a from b out of c on d off
11 / She said she that film several years before .
a had seen b would see c saw d has seen
12/ Banh chung , which is made of sticky rice , green beans and fatty pork .
A B C D
13Children are always about Tet holiday .
a keen b concerned c interested d excited
14If she sick , she would have gone out with me to the party .
a hadn`t been b hasn`t been c weren`t d wasn`t
15" If I went to her party now , I would lose my job " said Peter
a Peter said that if he had gone to her party then , he would lose his job
b Peter said that if he had gone to her party then , he would have lost his job .
c Peter said that if he didn`t go to her party then , he would lose his job .
d Peter said that if he went to her party then , he would lose his job
16.He told a lie to his mother yesterday . His mother was very angry
a If he had told a lie to his mother yesterday , she would have been angry
b If he hadn`t told a lie to his mother yesterday , she wouldn`t have been angry .
c If he didn`t tell a lie to his mother yesterday , she wouldn`t be angry
-- Kích thước chữ --1 (8 pt)2 (10 pt)3 (12 pt)4 (14 pt)5 (18 pt)6 (24 pt)7 (36 pt)